In-Building Service Guidelines
Sunday morning service time is 10:00 AM.
If you have experienced any of the symptoms of illness, stay home and join us online. We would love to see you – we would really love to not spread whatever might be going around your home! This goes for the whole family.
We are looking forward to resuming our indoor services, but we need you to understand the new policies we have thoughtfully and prayerfully put into place:
- As you get out of your car, have your mask on. We ask that everyone above the age of 5 keep them on the entire time. On-stage presenters will pull their masks, but only for presentation.
- Enter the building through the office doors. These will provide straight access to the worship center. Greeters will be at those open doors, with a program and communion elements. Keep in mind that we’re still physically distancing – the CDC recommends six feet. For peace of mind, we’ll do a quick temp check.
- As you enter, an usher will take you to a seat. You will be seated according to arrival but you will not be able to choose the location of your seat, for the sake of safe social distancing. Households arriving together will sit together. Ushers will space households accordingly. Whole families will stay together. We encourage you to take your seat, and wave to your neighbor.
- Nursery, pre-school and Grow Zone are currently closed. Those rooms are not accessible. If you need a restroom, the lobby restrooms are open and also equipped with changing stations. Infants and preschool-age children will remain with parents in the worship center.
- Midway into the worship service we will dismiss K-6th grade. They will have their own Bible time in the lobby and will rejoin their families during the closing song - there is no need to pick up your children in the lobby as they will be brought to you in the worship center. While in the lobby, children will be distancing and adhering to safety guidelines. Those that don’t will be returned to the worship center.
- We ask that everyone remain in the worship center until the close of the service. When we dismiss, ushers will dismiss us by row. Remember to wave! Once we are outside, you are welcome to stand and fellowship for a few minutes if you wish. Please honor those who don’t wish to stop and chat.
- Like always, we welcome your prayer requests, please submit prayers to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the app.
- Giving to the Lord and His church continues through the web, mail and giving receptacles on site. Thank you for your sacrificial, faithful giving.
Even with the minor adjustments we could lose sight of why we gather. So here you go …
- We worship an incredibly great God!
- We connect with God’s people, knowing we weren’t meant to live a life of faith alone.
- We grow deep roots for a sustainable, fruitful future.
- We serve gladly, knowing it’s our path to joy and the model of Jesus.
- We share the best news ever because Jesus really is Savior and coming King!
God bless you,
Pastor Dave Huffman, for all of the elders and staff at South Potomac Church